We will gladly eat all the hummus.
Looking for a lighter lunch that still packs enough protein to keep you energized until dinner time? We’ve partnered with sarahfit to bring you another meatless masterpiece:
Teriyaki Tofu Spring Salad
- 1-2 servings of WestSoy Baked in Boulder Sweet Teriyaki Baked Tofu
- 1/2 cup of sliced roasted sweet peppers or 3 mini peppers
- 10 whole almonds or 2 tbsp slivered
- 2 cups of lettuce
- 2 tbsp Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice Baked Tofu into little matchstick french fries.
- Place Tofu “fries” on a piece of aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash and slice peppers.
- Place on the same tray as tofu for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Top bed of lettuce with the almonds and toss with the raspberry dressing.
- Add the peppers and Westsoy Tofu on top once the Tofu “fries” are golden brown and flexible.
Cruelty Free Cat proves that eating plants can be hardcore.
It’s Taco Tuesday (why can’t it always be Taco Tuesday?), and we’ve partnered with our friend yackattack to bless this venerated weekly occasion with these…
Thai Tofu Tacos with Daikon Slaw
Serves 2 (4 Small Tacos) | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 5 mins
½ C. Grated Daikon Radish
½ C. Shredded Red Cabbage
½ C. Grated Carrot
2 T. Fresh Cilantro, Diced
1 T. Rice Vinegar
1 tsp. Agave Nectar
A Few Dashes of Hot Sesame Oil (or to taste)
1- 8 oz. Package WestSoy Baked Thai Tofu
4 Small Corn or Flour Tortillas
Garnish: Black Sesame Seeds, Chopped Roasted Peanuts, Lime Wedges
- Toss the daikon, red cabbage, carrot, cilantro, rice vinegar, agave nectar and sesame oil together in a mixing bowl, until evenly coated. Set in the refrigerator to cool.
- Grill the tofu on an oiled surface (grill, Panini press, cast-iron skillet) for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they have deep brown grill marks.
- Wait a minute for the tofu to cool, then cut it into ½” Cubes.
- Take your tortillas and toast them slightly over an open flame, or in a hot pan. Then distribute the tofu between the 4 tortillas, topping with the slaw, black sesame seeds, crushed peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve with a side of chili paste or sauce, if you like it hot!
Hosting a party with vegan treats? Skip the blandness of plain old hummus and serve up a tray of our latest concoction with sarahfit…
Vegan Antipasti Skewers
- 1 package WestSoy Baked in Boulder Mediterranean Flavored Tofu
- 1 jar Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 jar Artichokes
- 1 jar Kalamata or Green Olives
- Party Skewers
- Chop up red peppers and artichokes into bite size pieces, no bigger than 1 inch in length.
- Cut each square of Tofu into 9 pieces.
- Begin skewering with an olive, followed by a piece of tofu and then a red pepper.
- Mix things up if you feel like getting creative!
(serves nine, four skewers per person)
|—||One For Sorrow, C.Barzak (via bl-ossomed)|